To add products to your website, follow the steps below.
Adding Products (Basics)
- Head to Products > Add New Product
- Select whether it is a Physical or Audio Digital Product. To learn more about Digital Products, click here.
- Enter the name of the product and the price in the relevant fields. Note that you can add Sale, RRP and Cost price in by clicking the "More Pricing" button.
- Add any relevant Internal notes in the free-text box provided.
- Enter the Quantity available, or tick the "Unlimited" box if relevant e.g. for podcast or other audio downloads.
- Tick the "Stock Visibility" box, if you would rather the product was not shown when it's out of stock.
- Enter the relevant information in the “Details” section. This section holds your product Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) Code, Universal Product Code (UPC) and if relevant the Weight. If shipping or price of products is dependent on weight, then you should apply the correct product weight here.
- Enter the "Product Descriptions", both Short and Full. The short description shows up on some themes home page and the full description shows up on the Product detail page when the customer clicks the product.
- You can then add your product attributes. Attributes are Global things like “Condition” or “Manufacturer”. They are not product options.
- If you enter data in to any of these attributes it will show on the front end of your shop, if you don't enter anything the Attribute will not show up.
- Add "tags" to the product so visitors to your website can find it using the search bar on your website. Remember to separate them with commas.
- Choose a release date, if applicable.
- You can also allow customers to pre-order your product.
- Once you are happy to start selling this product change the status of the product to “Enabled” and hit “Save”.
If at any time you wish to edit or delete this category you can do so by clicking on the product itself on the “ Products” page.
If you wish to temporarily disable the Product all you need to do is click the 'Edit' button, select “Disabled” under “Status” and hit “Save”.
Click “Categories” and select which product this category applies too and press “Save”. To learn how to create a Category click here.
All products need an image (or 3) displayed so customers know what they're buying. To add an image to a product:
- Click Images > Image Manager
- Either select an image you have already uploaded or click “Choose File”
- Once you’ve selected your image click “Use Selected Images”.
- If you have more than one image for a product make sure you have toggled which image will display as the default by clicking the radio button under the relevant image.
To add an ' ALT Tag' just click the Cog and to edit the image (crop, overly, sharpness, text, etc.) just click the Pencil icon.