Multi Layer Categories
Parent & Child Categories
At some point you may need to add a sub category to your site. For example, if you are selling clothes online you may need to have a Category of "Mens" with a sub-category of "Trousers" or "Jackets".
In this example the Parent category would be "Mens" with the "Trousers" and "Jackets" being the Child category.
This is very simple to do on the PushCommerce platform, here's how:
- Add all 3 categories individually as described above
- Edit the 'Child' category and select the Parent category from the dropdown box.
- Hit the Save button and repeat as needed.
- Note: categories can only go 3 levels deep. So
- Clothing>Mens>Trousers (3 levels) is fine
- Clothing>Mens>Trousers>Linen (4 levels deep) is not.